Holy Childhood Society
Rev. Fr. Felician Ranjith Perera the Parish Priest inaugurated the Holy Childhood Cell at St Mary's Church Bambalapitiya, in February 2016. Mrs. Amali De Silva was requested to assist the children with the activities of Holy Childhood Society. Thereafter the Coordinator for Colombo South Deanery- Rev. Fr. Sashika Manoj Rodrigo, was contacted and the Animators Mrs. Amali De Silva, & Dinali De Silva went through two, three-day in house training programs in November 2016 and May 2017, to familiarize with the expectations of the society. The Holy Childhood Society assists Christian children from the age group of six (6) years to fourteen (14) years, towards a deeper and stronger experience of the faith through spiritual communion with Christ & self-boosting activities, while respecting the other. Thereafter the children were led with many activities which are briefed below.
Animators - Mrs. Amali De Silva
Mrs. Sonali Jayatunga
Mrs. Indrani George
Miss Dinali De Silva
Miss. Jasmine Sinnappan
Julian Amanda Shevani.
President - Miss Rashali Sebastian 2017 - 2020
Secretary - Miss Senuthmi Fernando 2017 - 2020
Treasurers - Master Shiven Perera & Kisal Herath 2017 – 2020
Members: Rashali Sebastian, Senuthmi Fernando, Shiven Perera, Kisal Herath, Kevon Perera, Emma & Emmal Jayasinghe, Senuki Perera, Dinelie Wijesinghe, Sanduli Perera, Sahan Rajakaruna, Kiara Emmanuel Nicole Dominic, Mickaela Sathiyendrah, Dominic Soris, Praheeth Fernando, Treshan Motha, Shayani Rajakaruna, Amadie Fonseka, Senali Krishnan, Danidu Herath, Senan Fernando Asaka Fernando Amaya Henry, Dushyank Wijesinghe, Kevin Charles, Deanne Jayamaha, Dillon Jayamaha, Jenilin Jeneiron & Avelin Walter, Triidev & Thrisha Muttiah, Trevonie Daniel, Shirley & Adrina George, Mithun & Michelle Joseph, Methuli Kahatapiyarachchi, Sarah & James Chelliah, Kishani & Sneha Perera, Himaya & Daniru Fernando
Holy Childhood Society meets - Every 2nd & 4th Sunday of the Month We conduct and practice Motivational methods to daily prayers To accept one another as an own brother / sister, eradicate social status.
Kids participate in Archdiocesan level , Denary level and Parish level activities.
- Annual Art competition /Bible Quiz
- Carol Singing Folk Singing competitions
- Essay competitions and Children helping Children Program
- Annual Prize Giving.
Colombo South Deanery:
- Lenten way of the Cross & Geetha Bhawana
- Sinhala & Tamil New Year celebrations
- Kite festival
- Activity Day
- Rosary Rally
- Christmas Party & felicitation of Animators.
- We meet on 2nd & 4th Sunday - 11:30 a.m.
- Organize & participate in the four (4) Pontifical Mission Sundays - (Holy Childhood Sunday/ Popes Day / Indigenous Clergy Day / Mission Sunday) Awarding of Badge of Permanency
- Cookery & craft days
- Lenten way of the Cross
- Children helping children program -(Donate books & Dry rations through sacrifice)
- Radio Presentations, motivational methods to daily prayers
- Acts of charity
- Fund raisers
- Sale of Advent Calendars
- respect & well-being towards the other & society.
Plan for the year (2021, We have several activities planned throughout the year, watch this space for updates. So far we have the following,
- January 17th - Holy Childhood Sunday – Radio Presentation
- Feb/March - Lenten Way of the Cross April/May - Sinhala and Tamil New Year celebrations and Children helping children program
- May - Recitation of the Family Rosary and Rosary rally
- August - Activity day and kite festival
- September - Month of literacy to learn more about lives of saints Church Fathers
- October - Scriptural bases/ church traditions regarding Mother Mary
- November - Offering of masses for the dearly departed
- December - Children helping children program
Contact Information for more information or to Join: Amali De Silva - 0777425015